Tuesday 29 December 2020

What! Is this in Sweden??

Because the world needs a bit more cheap junk.  

Maybe you have heard the quote, "The best and the worst things are imported from America...."  

Here I am to tell you that having an authentic "dollar store" in my city in Sweden has its pros and cons:

1. You want a taste of home?  Well, they sell Dr. Pepper anyway.  And plenty of tried and true "dollar store" brand name items. 

2. Lots of basic commodities cost significantly less than you could buy them elsewhere in Sweden. 

3.  There are FUN cheap things here too, my kids can vouch for that.  

4. There is junk here, straight up stuff that breaks after 10 minutes, does NOT taste like it says it should, or is missing a piece upon taking it home and opening it!

6.  Want to do a craft project? Chances are that you might find the stuff you need here for half the price....this is like the cheap hobby lobby of Sweden. 


The kids and I had a ball shopping to fill each others Christmas stockings....

Will we go here again? Sure!

Will I regret some of those purchases afterwards?  Maybe. 

Do I find my joy in this store? Nope.  Does it make life a little easier in being a proverbs 31 woman? Maybe. 

For where you treasure is, there your heart will be also.  Matthew 6:21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Systematic Theology, Chapter 39

*Just a reminder that this study of Wayne Grudem's book, Systematic Theology, is not by any means me teaching, but rather a simple sum...