Lydia has just started going to school, and here are the results after her first few days of class:
- About her school lunches: Mamma, we go to a restaurant every day but don't have to pay, so you and dad can save your money to buy a house instead.
- About being worn out from a long (half) day of school: Mamma, can you please put me to bed way earlier tonight, so I am not tired for school tomorrow?
- About the mandatory short church service with a child focused mini sermon (it is a Lutheran school), "Mamma, I already went to church this week, so i guess i dont have to go on Sunday anymore."
- When asked what she thinks about her two teachers, she said, "They are both very pretty so I like them equally."
- Our girl who wasnt particularly interested in how she dressed is now very particular about looking nice for school.
- About raising your hand in class,"Mamma, dont worry, you dont have to raise your hand at home, that is just for school kids."
- And today, she was looking at something on my dry erase board and read it by herself after sounding out the letters!
- She is also a lot more snuggly with the time we have together, and i like that!
playground (with Markus wishing he was a schoolboy too!)
First day in "chapel"
First day of class
|Lots of snuggles|