Thursday 4 July 2013

Swedish uniformity

I will start by saying that I went last week and bought myself a pair of converse shoes. I would have never worn them in USA, but they just feel right in Sweden.  And now I see why.

This article from the local talks about how a lot of Swedes like to dress the same.

http://www.thelocal.se/48704/20130626/

It definitely starts to wear off after a while. The important thing is to see a difference between cultural adaptation without moral sacrificing of what is RIGHT and GOOD.

BUT, although it may seem trendy and thus easy to fit in, it is also painfully drab in it's lack of personality after a while.

And the whole trying to be unisex thing in Sweden will have to be saved for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Systematic Theology, Chapter 39

*Just a reminder that this study of Wayne Grudem's book, Systematic Theology, is not by any means me teaching, but rather a simple sum...