Saturday 7 July 2012

Midsommar

This is my first time celebrating Swedish midsommar, a day which marks the longest day of the year in Sweden with lots of fun (and some terrible paganistic) traditions.  Let's see here...

1.  Make a flower crown.  That was right up my alley, although I have a long way to go in improving...

My sweet mother in law, Monica, had fun teaching me...and it all starts with a good wire frame.
And Markus just hung out in the high chair and cheered us on!
Go out in the yard and pluck a bunch of weeds (whatever is in bloom, I mean). 
Here we have some hundkex (dog crackers??), daisies, clover, buttercups, and some other unknowns. 

Go send Lydia out to play in the sandbox...(she loves her playful uncle Jonas)
I thought it was fun to see the mess I made, plus the baby toys and other stuff mixed in....
When Lydia was done playing in the sandbox, I managed to keep her distracted for a good long time with soapy water that she could pour out and do whatever with.  (One of the disadvantages of an apartment life, no freedom to play with water!)
And this is what you get!  I thought these photos were so funny I just threw a whole bunch up on the blog here.  Enjoy!

Markus: "Ooh, I feel a new toy here on my head...reaching reaching....I got it!"
"I knew it, it is a new toy! How does it work?"
"I bet if I eat it, I will learn more about it."  (While his cousin's flower crown has fallen down on her nose and Lydia is obediently wearing her flower crown for about 30 seconds before casting it off.)
"It doesn't taste so good..."
"You guys are gonna use these pictures against me one day, aren't you?"
"Looks like some pieces fell on my lap here...I wonder if i can eat them?"
(Look at our sweet Lydia!)
....a little while later...."Am I still wearing this thing??"
And of course, don't forget the other nice thing about midsommer....friends and family visiting together!
And a few things I forgot to take photos of....strawberry cake, pickled fish and new potatoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Systematic Theology, Chapter 39

*Just a reminder that this study of Wayne Grudem's book, Systematic Theology, is not by any means me teaching, but rather a simple sum...