Saturday 5 June 2010

Date night!

Daniel and I took a biiiiig step, and trusted our daughter in the capable hands of a good friend for 1.5 hours. We dropped her off, stroller, extra jacket, crackers to gnaw on, toys galore, two pacifiers, baby bottle with water, extra socks...ha, pretty much way more stuff than is ever needed. Our friend wished us well and off we ran! We felt like we were engaged again, or like crazy wild teenagers. Off we went to a trendy restaurant, (and all we got were these goofy photos that we took of each other). We sat here, commenting every few minutes... "doesn't it feel like something is missing!! Doesn't this feel strange?!" Alas, as we were returning to pick up Lydia, it broke my heart to hear from afar her howling and crying. My friend's daughter ran over and said, "wow, your baby sure can scream!" She missed us! I swept her up in my arms and she snuggled in close and was quiet. Ahh. That is a nice feeling, she loves me! She needs me! She missed me!!

(Afternote:  It might be painful at first, but my opinion is that kids who cannot handle EVER being away from their parents could do with learning to be with a babysitter....on the other hand, may we truly enjoy the little years and not be away from our babies too much, as those are years we can never get back...working years can wait!) 

Another afternote, these dates as married should be a regular thing!  Kids feel good knowing mom and dad love each other!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. I really like your new blog look. Nice! Glad you could get away. Hehe! One day you'll be able to go out again without packing enough for a month long vacation...

    ReplyDelete

Systematic Theology, Chapter 39

*Just a reminder that this study of Wayne Grudem's book, Systematic Theology, is not by any means me teaching, but rather a simple sum...