Thursday 25 February 2010

bottle...

We are soon going on a fairly long trip, and I doubt there will be a place to nurse Lydia on the bus.

My local friends have said, "we would NEVER nurse in public!!" and have either suggested feeding Lydia with a bottle or just avoiding any long trips until she is past the nursing stage.

So we had a test run in the house here...Lydia has just woken up from a nap, happy and hungry. Just the way she should be.She snacked a bit on the bottle, and then decided that she would rather have the real thing, thank you very much. At one point, she smelled the "real milk" and grabbed for it and starting making sucking motions...so i snuck the bottle in her mouth and she hungrily started sucking....until she realized she was tricked!

The following video is not for the weak at heart. (Don't worry, she won and I fed her "the real thing" soon after.)

We're not done with a bottle yet, Lydia...and for now the score is: Lydia 1, Bottle 0.

3 comments:

  1. Try having Daniel or a friend give her the bottle. Lots of folks told me it works better for someone other than the mom to bottle feed a normally breastfed infant. Anyway. I guess I haven't really bottle fed Grace much, and I never did Archie so I don't know if it'll work or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amaya used to take a bottle from Jacob then went on a bottle strike at 8 weeks haha. She has never taken a bottle from me.. and won't as long as I'm in the house. Now, she will take one, but I have to be gone for over 3 hours before she'll try. I picked up some 4 mon sippy cups thinking a different kind of container might help. We shall see! If nothing else, we have a Nuby bottle that squirts a bit when you squeeze it, so as long as she'll chew on it, jacob can slowly squeeze a bit at a time. It's time consuming haha! Who knew babies were so picky!!
    Here's info we found sort of helpful, not sure if it'll help you =/ Good luck!!
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/alternative-feeding.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the bottle! Sarah absolutely refused and I gave up rather quickly:) You'll be in good company if Lydia never agrees to it. I hope that long trip goes well! I miss you and LOVE seeing pics of Lydia and following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Systematic Theology, Chapter 39

*Just a reminder that this study of Wayne Grudem's book, Systematic Theology, is not by any means me teaching, but rather a simple sum...